Islandcreation's 250 Gallon Ocean in a Box *MORE pictures*

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 Smitty

Smitty
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationModesto

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

You have a great update. I love the pictures of the tangs. Any pics of the wrasses and anthias coming up?

Yeah ! Don't get me wrong , I love your pbt, and pt, as well as that nt , but what up with the anthias' ? :D And greAat macro shots of your chalices ! :thumbsup

I am gonna have to ask Adolfo to pull a dirty sanchez on your next visit and then followed by a donkey punch.

lol well of course I drilled her for the hell of it

#82 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Hey everyone. Alot of things have changed and my tank has been on the back burner. Its been 3 and a half months since its been setup and its starting to mature very slowly. Once a years under its belt I'll feel a little better. I'm starting to run my tank lighting in a staggered way as you can see from the pics. There are three lights and the middle stays on after the two sides turn off. Anyways, here somce pics. Sorry for the high light since I didn't change the iso when taking pics of the acans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Why say sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon?"

#83 NoobReef408

NoobReef408
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

I must say this is an orgasmic! dream tank. wow i would love to see it in person before i die
40 Cube 20 Gallon Sump: http://norcalreefclu...9&t=961&start=0
K1 + K2 + Maxijet 1200 for flow
Magnum 5 Return
Reef Octopus DNWB- 150 Recirculating Protein Skimmer External
Outer Orbit 150w 20k HQI+2 Blue+ and 2 Fiji P

#84 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

I must say this isa dream tank. wow i would love to see it in person before i die

Thanks.

Its still far from being what I have in mind. There's a large stag horn colony on the upper left. I'm hoping all my corals get that big and bigger. Thats when I know I've accomplished something. Since I broke down my two frag flats I had to jam alot of corals in there. Corals were stung from the large headed dendros colonies. Never knew how long their heads extended until I saw other corals loosing flesh where they were touched! Luckly all of the colonies are sold so they will be getting moved out of the tank :D

#85 fshkllrz

fshkllrz
  • Moderators
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Your PBT looks like it recovered from ICH :D You sure have a lot of coral in that tank....if it were mine, it'd still look empty...lol....Acans looking good, and can see everything is looking happy once again...great job :thumbsup :thumbsup :D
A.G.E. Custom
Custom Sump
ATB Elegance Pro 200
Sfiligoi 2x400W+2x24" Reefbrite
MP60wES and MP40wES
AquaCare 2 Turbo Calcium Reactor
ASD Kalk Reactor
Craig aka Capt. Shim

#86 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

Your PBT looks like it recovered from ICH :D You sure have a lot of coral in that tank....if it were mine, it'd still look empty...lol....Acans looking good, and can see everything is looking happy once again...great job :thumbsup :thumbsup :D

How the hell did you spot that on the PBT. Yes it does! I want to say since its straight from the ocean its still acclimating to the tank (area wise) and feeding schedule. He got ick and it went away, then it came back, then it went away, then it came back. None of the other fish got ick so I guess its just him. I just make sure there's two nori sheets before I go to work and feed them pellets or rod's food when I get home. After awhile the ick goes away. Otherwise everything been good.

#87 fshkllrz

fshkllrz
  • Moderators
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

I think PBT always have ick just from their nature....they are kind of a squirrely tang :lol: I remember its the only fish I watched grow bumps under the skin, which popped to the surface of the skin the next day as Ich. :lol:
A.G.E. Custom
Custom Sump
ATB Elegance Pro 200
Sfiligoi 2x400W+2x24" Reefbrite
MP60wES and MP40wES
AquaCare 2 Turbo Calcium Reactor
ASD Kalk Reactor
Craig aka Capt. Shim

#88 arod2051

arod2051
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

You ARE very acan happy. I can't wait to see how that middle section grows out. But your Dendro is going to look out of place in that nice little shelf of branching stonies. I really can picture what you are trying to go for with your SPS shelf. Very nice.
-=Alfred=-
Alfred's Tank

#89 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

I think PBT always have ick just from their nature....they are kind of a squirrely tang :lol: I remember its the only fish I watched grow bumps under the skin, which popped to the surface of the skin the next day as Ich. :lol:

I broke down both frag tanks and had to place corals where ever they would fit without using epoxy. Once I get more corals out of the tank I'll be able to epoxy corals where I want them. :D I got a long way to go. So far I haven't even finished setting up all my equipment. Just exhausting since its a big tank.

#90 NoobReef408

NoobReef408
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

man i wish i had a big tank dont you feell all like happy inside cause everything looks so pretty! :bowdown
40 Cube 20 Gallon Sump: http://norcalreefclu...9&t=961&start=0
K1 + K2 + Maxijet 1200 for flow
Magnum 5 Return
Reef Octopus DNWB- 150 Recirculating Protein Skimmer External
Outer Orbit 150w 20k HQI+2 Blue+ and 2 Fiji P

#91 Justin_freebords

Justin_freebords
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

can i please come by and see this at some time while im up in sonoma for school. The old one was amazing, this just looks better

#92 nessbuilder

nessbuilder
  • Moderators
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

Good work Jason it looks awesome :eclap :eclap :eclap
120g Display
50g Fuge/Sump
Sps dominated mixed reef
8 54w T5 Fixture
Big Ol SWC skimmer
2-K4,2 Evo 1400, 1 K3

Posted Image

#93 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

can i please come by and see this at some time while im up in sonoma for school. The old one was amazing, this just looks better

Good work Jason it looks awesome :eclap :eclap :eclap

Thanks guys. Justin you can come over just let me know. Tanks in a transition phase since I transferred alot of frags and colonies into the tank since I broke down the frag tanks. So there are alot of random pieces everywhere! At the sametime I'm still trying to dialing things in still. I'm neglecting the tank but paying enough attention to keep it going. With the hot weather streak and the central AC running,. I've been trying to cut down on the halides running. I've been running them in phases since there are three bulbs. The two outer bulbs come on for 3 hours and the middle turns on for an overlapping hour then runs by itself for two hours after that. The VHO's are on for 6 hours of the day. I've been doing this for two weeks now and everything seems okay. Once the heats controlled everything will go back to its normal running times.

#94 Smitty

Smitty
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationModesto

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

Wow ! It must really be somthing to get everything dialed in and know exactly what this tank is doing and what is needed at any given time. It's funny when you know your tank , it's just so easy to feed this dose that, but before that is reached it can be a pain. Hang in there man ! :thumbsup

I am gonna have to ask Adolfo to pull a dirty sanchez on your next visit and then followed by a donkey punch.

lol well of course I drilled her for the hell of it

#95 Kraylen

Kraylen
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

WHOA. wow... um.. .christ!
NCRC-MB baby!!!

#96 Will @ SR

Will @ SR
  • 944 posts
  • LocationDowntown San Jose

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

thoes frag a racks in there look like alien ships looking to dock with a mother ship of some kind...lol VERY clean looking bro. hoping mine turns out that nice.
-Wil.
Saltwater Since 1989

Lets be friends, Like SR for Updates

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·'¯`·.¸.·'¯`·...¸><((((º>
·'¯`·.¸.·'¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·'

#97 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

thoes frag a racks in there look like alien ships looking to dock with a mother ship of some kind...lol

VERY clean looking bro.
hoping mine turns out that nice.

Thanks Will. I'm sure yours will turn out alot better than mine. Your taking your time and planning things out. I had to literally rush through mine since I had to transfer the live stock ASAP since the 120 had a buyer. I'm just hoping I can get dialed in and figure a way to clean this acrylic without scratching it (I'm used to leaving my magnet cleaner in the tank).

#98 Roc

Roc
  • Administrators
  • 7,215 posts
  • LocationRichmond / El Cerrito border

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

thoes frag a racks in there look like alien ships looking to dock with a mother ship of some kind...lol

VERY clean looking bro.

Thanks Will. I'm sure yours will turn out alot better than mine. Your taking your time and planning things out. I had to literally rush through mine since I had to transfer the live stock ASAP since the 120 had a buyer. I'm just hoping I can get dialed in and figure a way to clean this acrylic without scratching it (I'm used to leaving my magnet cleaner in the tank).

did you follow my advice and get the mighty mgnet cleaner and pads 9plus the algae scaper for corline and algae sock for the hard stuff). I literly haven't heard anyone complain of scratches since switching

120 gallon mixed reef
120 gal Tru Vu tank, Duel overflows, single return
DIY 55 gal sump/fuge
2 X 250 watt lumenmax elite reflectors running 20k Radiums
48" All Blue Reefbrite for Actinics
Octopus Extreme 200
TLF reactor running GFO

Your Director of Membership

#99 islandcreation

islandcreation
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

VERY clean looking bro.

did you follow my advice and get the mighty mgnet cleaner and pads 9plus the algae scaper for corline and algae sock for the hard stuff). I literly haven't heard anyone complain of scratches since switching

I got everything you stated. The brown pad, the white pad and even the pad with the plastic triangle piece to scrap coraline. I don't know what kind of sand you have but I have sugar sized grains. So everytime I go near the bottom when cleaning the damn sand gets in between the pad and acrylic. I just hate the fact that I have to buy another instrument to clean near the sand bed. After how much it cost for the damn magnet and pads you still need another item. It sucks. So since I neglected cleaning near the sand bed coraline is now starting to grow.

#100 reefdan

reefdan
  • Administrators
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

good stuff jason. you got the LPS hook up right? you should photo your lords for us to drool over. the pics show some really nice ones

14g BioCube
- Custom LED hood
- LED lit fuge
- b/w ocellaris
- nano gobies
- inverts
- all the nice echinos smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users